6551 Loisdale Court
Springfield, VA 22150
Web site: http://www.uii.com
Primary Contact/Owner: Theodore A. Adams, III
Primary Contact/Owner Brief Bio:
Having managed merger, acquisition, and joint venture assignments for multinational industrial clients in the U.S., the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Australia and Europe, Mr. Adams has extensive experience forming strategic partnerships with domestic and international firms. He has a broad knowledge and hands-on experience with manufacturing operations, industrial economics, tax consequences, and accounting implications.
Mr. Adams graduated from the Owner and Presidents Management Program (OPM) at Harvard Business School and holds an MBA from the University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson School of Management. His graduate studies included course work at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and he graduated with a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Rice University.
NAICS Codes Served:
- 541330 Engineering Services
- 541380 Testing Laboratories
- 541511 Custom Computer Programming Services
- 541512 Computer Systems Design Services
- 541513 Computer Facilities Management Services
- 541614 Process, Physical Distribution, and Logistics Consulting Services
- 811219 Other Electronic and Precision Equipment Repair and Maintenance
About Unified Industries Incorporated:
- Virginia Department of Minority Business Enterprise (VA DMBE)
- National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) for testing and calibration laboratories
- Small Business Administration Small Disadvantaged Business (SBA SDB) (pending)
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Small Disadvantaged Business (WMATA SDB) (pending)
Unified Industries Incorporated (UII) was founded in 1970 by Dr. Theodore A. Adams, Jr., Mr. Herbert E. Long, Jr., and Mr. Joseph S. Meyer. Having served in the U.S. Armed Forces, they believed in strong leadership and were deeply committed to the growth and success of small businesses.
Dr. Adams was instrumental in the initial draft of Section 8(a) under the Small Business Act, and UII became one of the first companies to benefit from the program, "graduating" in 1983. Since then, UII has based its business on the partnerships and alliances of large and small businesses alike.
Unified Industries Incorporated (UII) is a minority-owned small business that provides engineering and management services to customers in government and private sectors. The principal activities of the firm are training, integrated logistics support, metrology and calibration engineering. UII is the only contractor operating a government-owned National Standards Laboratory (NSL).
- Government of Bermuda
- U.S. Navy
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Department of Interior
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Federal Railroad Administration
- General Services Administration
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority